Monday, 27 October 2014

Thoughtful Monday.



Ever had one of those days where you spend most of the time with your head in the clouds, thinking about anything and everything? Well, unfortunately for my workplace, that was me today.

I couldn't really tell you much about the thoughts I had as I don't really remember them or was even aware of them at the time. All I know is, I seemed to have come up with some new ideas about my life and what I really want to do with it. It's so easy to get caught up in day to day mundane life, being aggravated by little things and wishing we were just somewhere else, doing something different. And then it kind of occurred to me. 

Who says?

Who says you have to do that job you hate? (not that I hate mine) And who says you have to wash your hair at that time of morning? And who says you can't have that slice of cake if you want it and who says you can't do what it is you want to do? No one. One of life's great tragedies is that people always assume they are stuck and that there is no way out and it's just not the case. I've had my fair share of lows (serious lows) where I thought there was no way out and that that's just how things were. But it really isn't. It's anything you want it to be.

If you want a job as a Painter instead of a Sales Clerk then do it! Start Art classes or volunteer for local communities and get yourself out there! If you want to travel and see the world, go! Book that flight and discover. And if you want to wash your hair at night because you want a lie in in the morning, then sod it! Life is much too short for us to not do those little things that make us happy. To just put up with something that makes you sad, miserable, angry or just plain bored is not a necessity. It's a choice. So even if it's just something small, like watching a TV programme that you know EVERYONE else hates, who cares. Watch it, enjoy it and live life how you want to. 

Because at the end of the day, your life is yours. No one else's.

<3




No comments:

Post a Comment