Saturday, 29 November 2014

Photos. Thoughts. Ideas. Life.


Yeah okay, so that's the tagline to my blog, but that's just what this post (and my life at the moment) is all about.

So I haven't really posted anything in a while (11 days to be precise, which when your blog is fairly new, ain't the best thing to be doing) and it all comes down to the title of this post. Especially that last word. Life. Seems my life has been getting in the way of me posting anything lately, or having the energy to even try, and I always thought that might be the case when I started this internet space of mine. Oh how right I was. Endless days of work, long hours, seeing friends (well, the people I live with) and the many other things life throws at you. It all adds up to an unproductive state.
So a few weeks ago, after a fair amount of thought and chats with friends, I made the big decision to go part time at my work place. I worked out all the hours, spoke to my manager and put in my application. Then it was approved.

*gulp*

I've become nervous and excited all at the same time, and since then I've been doing a lot of thinking and planning about what I'm going to do with all that spare time. For starters, I would put more of myself into this blog and really make it wonderful space for both myself and those who read it. It's not getting a lot of my attention right now which makes me sad. Secondly would be my my photography. I want to go full pelt with that, taking as many photos I can, wherever and whenever, and just the spend the time getting better.

I've also been having lots of creative thoughts and ideas too, about starting to put stuff on my newly opened Etsy store. I love to make cards and illustrative things so that's something I want to get going with. (I'll make sure to update you all about when that goes live!) I've also been doing a bit more scrapbooking and that lately too which is always good for keeping the creative side of me alive and kicking! I have also just purchased myself a shiny new MacBook Air which is incredibly exciting as I have never owned a Mac before! I have to say, I'm absolutely loving it and can't ever see myself going back. Ever. It's a much more powerful machine that enables me to edit my photos much faster and easier. Bliss.

Anyways, that's about it from me today I reckon. So sorry for the absence guys but I feel it's been somewhat unavoidable, and I hope to be posting more regularly soon! I'm aiming to make Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays my regular post days.
Lets see how well that actually works out, ey?

Lastly, have a few of my favourite snaps I've taken lately from various places. See you again soon!









X




4 comments:

  1. Good lick with your Etsy store! And going part time sounds brilliant, can spend so much more time on your blog!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I'm hoping it all works out :)

      Delete
  2. It's going to sound a bit creepy (maybe) but I've been blinking at the screen for about 10 minutes thinking to myself "Holy cow. Is this girl the London version of myself?" if you strip away the blonde hair, blue eyes & maybe a number of other things including the British accent.. we then kind of sit in the same boat. *queue creepy music* let me explain ..

    I'm struggling at finding time to blog, let alone balance my work/social life & I've been thinking about dropping to part time as well. I just don't know how to go about telling my boss! Congratulations on successfully going part time though ;) I'm sure your social life & blog life will thank you for it :D

    Currently saving up to get a MacBook because I think it will be a faster/better tool to use when it comes to editing photos/posts etc. I'm a loooooover of photography & also want to set up an etsy store later down the road to sell my prints & I'm also planning on studying visual arts & taking my photography to the next level next year. Omg. We are basically twins .. but not really but maybe? :O

    Anywaaaaay enough rambles! Wishing you all the luck :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, we do sound pretty similar! Thank you! and I wish you all the luck with everything you're doing! :) x

      Delete