Thursday, 2 July 2015

Life Lately #1 - Moving House




I was doing pretty well with my posts up until the last week or so, but as I'm sure you have guessed from the title, I moved house! And what a move it was!

I only managed to get one extra day off over the weekend so had three days to pack everything, pick up my hire van, get everything in the van, into my flat and then to somewhat unpack and get to Ikea as well. Put two full working weeks as a Visual Merchandiser during Summer Clearance either side of that and it's safe to say that I am now shattered. Luckily though, I have today off to simply chill out, recover from that mental couple of weeks and casually unpack throughout the day while my friend Amy (who is staying a couple of nights in the spare room) watches on!

There is still quite a bit to do in the flat like buying some bits of furniture such as a couple of bookcases, a coffee table and a TV for down stairs. Plus we still have one housemate to move in, our friend Milly, but soon enough it'll all be sorted and feeling nice and homely! I'll make sure to post some photos when it's all completed!
It was fairly bittersweet leaving my old place behind. I had some good memories there (and some not so good..) and I will miss the boys I lived with a huge amount, they were great fun to live with and are some of my best friends here in London. Luckily though they've only moved just across the River from me so I've no doubt I will see them plenty to hang out. For now though, I need to focus on making this place my new haven and I have to say, it's already coming along together nicely and so far, I'm loving it. Good news!

Here are a few snippets of me moving!

My room before I'd pretty much started. It was a bit stuffed up!

Getting there!
I can't pack/unpack without a cup of tea! Or screws if this picture is anything to go by...




Last few gazes out of that beautiful Victorian window. I'm really gonna miss sitting next to that with a cuppa and my thoughts.

The new place unfolds!

Amie starting to unpack her room!



My friend Amy who is visiting during all the chaos. Lucky girl!

We haven't got the TV set up yet so this is it for now!  

4 comments:

  1. This is a great beginning, Kimberley. And it looks like you won’t miss much, since your friends still leave close enough to hang out with. Moving out must’ve been very tiring, though. I hope you were able to get everything out of their boxes and in their proper places by now. Good luck!

    June Griffith @ Arnold Self

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I'm pretty much all settled now which is nice! Can just enjoy my new place from here on out :)

      Delete
  2. Moving is one hectic activity. I always hate the fact that you have to unscrew things just to screw things up again. Good thing is that by the pics you posted you got a good deal of a place considering how hard it is to get a good place in London. The unpacking is tasking but it lets the creative juices work.

    Robyn Harmon @ Hills Moving

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog, lots of boxes still to unpack. You are lucky your friends still stay so close. My wife and I recently moved all the way to New York from LA and it has been a real adjustment for us. Things are also still in their boxes. Lots still to do on the apartment but this motivated me. Great work!.

    Jefferson @ T.J. Lamb Real Estate

    ReplyDelete